Adults of all ages have many opportunities for study, spiritual growth, service and fellowship at First Baptist. Small group studies on various topics and support groups prepare adults for living as a mature Christian in today’s world.
Summer Large Group Study:
Survey of the Bible: Understanding the Books, Places, Story, People and Periods by Bruce Wilkinson
Wednesdays, 6-7 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall, begins May 22
The Bible is one of the most revered, respected and celebrated books of all time; it is a perpetual bestseller. However, the Bible is not just a bestseller; we Christians claim that the Bible is God’s Word. We claim it is God’s divinely, inspired message to us. Yet recent surveys reveal we aren’t reading it, and consequently we do not know it. To help us have a better overview of God’s story in the Bible, please join Joe Armour for an 8-week study of Bruce Wilkinson’s Survey of the Bible: Understanding the Books, Places, Story, People and Periods, on Wednesday nights this summer beginning May 22, 6 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall.
Women’s Ministry Study:
It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way
Wednesdays, 6-7:30 p.m. in Room FB308
Led by Beth Yates; Begins May 29 and meets June 5, 12, 19, 26; July 10 and 17. Book & Study Guide: $20
For more info about Women’s Ministry Studies, click HERE.
Adult Sunday School Spotlight
• Nearly/Newlywed Class – for soon-to-be married or newly married couples. The class meets every Sunday at 9:45 a.m. in room FB310 (Family Ministry Building) and is currently doing the book study, You and Me Forever, by Francis and Lisa Chan. Led by Chris and Whitney Sewell, Brian and Megan Blair, and Bill and Paige Yeager.
• Sunday School class for women of all ages, married and single, meets at 9:45 a.m. in room MB244 (Main Building). Led by Karen Garrison.
• A Young Professionals class – for young single adults (early to mid 20s) – meets at 9:45 a.m. in room FB301C (Family Ministry Building). Led by Matt Morell and Leslee Griggers.
- DivorceCare – Wednesdays, 5:30 p.m.
- GriefShare – Sundays, 4:00 p.m.