Adults of all ages have many opportunities for study, spiritual growth, service and fellowship at First Baptist. Small group studies on various topics and support groups prepare adults for living as a mature Christian in today’s world.
Precept Coed Study – 2 Corinthians: Ministers of Reconciliation
Begins February 3: Sundays, 5-7 p.m. in Room FB313 (Childcare begins at 4:45 pm.)
ORIENTATION SESSION (required for anyone new to Precept): Wednesday, January 16, 6:00-7:30 p.m., Room MB222
God’s Story in 66 Verses by Stan Guthrie
Begins January 20: Sunday, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. in room MB240
Join Joe Armour as you read and discuss this special book by Stan Guthrie that leads us to understand the entire Bible by focusing on just one verse in each book. Cost of book: $12
Share Jesus Without Fear
Begins February 3: Sundays, 5:30-6:30 p.m. in Room MB230
Join Dr. Gil McKee for this special 12-week study on how to share your faith without fear.
NOTICE: class registration limited to 20 people. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.
Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University (FPU)
Begins February 10: Sundays, 5:00-6:30 p.m. in Room MB244
Through this nine-session video-driven seminar learn how to get out of debt, stay out of debt, and build wealth. Led by Josh and Holly Stokley. Cost of seminar and FPU kit: $99. Visit daveramsey.com/fpu for more info.
Life and Times of the Apostle Paul
Begins January 23: Wednesdays, 6-7 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall
Join Dr. Joey Falgout for this eight-week biographical study of the life of the Apostle Paul, based on the book, “Paul, A Biography” by N.T. Wright.
How to Become a DiscipleMaker
Begins January 30: Wednesdays, 6-7 p.m. in Room MB230
A 12-session study led by Dr. Gil McKee. This study trains Christians to implement one-to-one, life-to-life disciple-making as a normal part of the Christian life.
NOTICE: class registration limited to 20 people. Please mail email@example.com to reserve your spot.
For info about Women’s Ministry Studies, click HERE.
Adult Sunday School Spotlight
• Nearly/Newlywed Class – for soon-to-be married or newly married couples. The class meets every Sunday at 9:45 a.m. in room FB310 (Family Ministry Building) and is currently doing the book study, You and Me Forever, by Francis and Lisa Chan. Led by Chris and Whitney Sewell, Brian and Megan Blair, and Bill and Paige Yeager.
• Sunday School class for women of all ages, married and single, meets at 9:45 a.m. in room MB244 (Main Building). Led by Karen Garrison.
• A Young Professionals class – for young single adults (early to mid 20s) – meets at 9:45 a.m. in room FB301C (Family Ministry Building). Led by Matt Morell and Leslee Griggers.
Minister to Adults and Outreach
- DivorceCare – Wednesdays, 5:30 p.m.
- GriefShare – Sundays, 4:00 p.m.