Adults of all ages have many opportunities for study, spiritual growth, service and fellowship at First Baptist. Small group studies on various topics and support groups prepare adults for living as a mature Christian in today’s world.
Adult Sunday School Spotlight
• Nearly/Newlywed Class – for soon-to-be married or newly married couples. The class meets every Sunday at 9:45 a.m. in room FB310 (Family Ministry Building) and is currently doing the book study, You and Me Forever, by Francis and Lisa Chan. Led by Chris and Whitney Sewell, Brian and Megan Blair, and Bill and Paige Yeager.
• new Sunday School class for women of all ages, married and single, meets at 9:45 a.m. in room MB244 (Main Building). Led by Karen Garrison.
• A new Young Professionals class – for young single adults (early to mid 20s) – meets at 9:45 a.m. in room FB301C (Family Ministry Building). Led by Matt Morell and Leslee Griggers.
Precept Coed Study – 2 Peter: How to Keep from Falling
Sundays, 5-7 p.m. in Room FB313 (Childcare begins at 4:45 pm.)
In a day when false teachers are leading countless people astray, to live effectively for Christ we need to know the truth. Learn to live effectively and grow in spiritual discernment. This in-depth, 8-lesson study led by Mike Adams will transform the way you study your Bible!
Galatians for You by Tim Keller
Sunday, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. in room MB246 (8 sessions)
Join David Woods as he leads this study of Galatians using the book, Galatians for You, by Tim Keller. Tim Keller writes, “Galatians is all about the gospel – the gospel all of us need throughout all of our lives. It’s dynamite, and I pray that its powerful message explodes in your heart as you read this book.” Cost of study book: $8.
Focus on the Family’s The Truth Project – Wednesdays, 6–7 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. Join Joe Armour for this 12-session, video-driven small group study designed to equip believers with a comprehensive biblical worldview. Practically and personally, participants will be reintroduced to the truth claims of God. The Truth Project discusses in detail God’s design for living out the Christian worldview in daily life – looking at all of life from God’s perspective.
Minister to Adults and Outreach
- DivorceCare – Wednesdays, 5:30 p.m.
- GriefShare – Sundays, 4:00 p.m.