The 721 Project Set to Continue
Following a successful first chapter, First Baptist Church is planning to begin a second chapter of its capital-raising initiative called The 721 Project. Named in association with the street address of the church, 721 Greensboro Avenue, The 721 Project is an initiative designed to raise money for a defined project prior to beginning the project. To date, this “pay as we go” strategy has enabled First Baptist to fund four major projects while simultaneously reducing its debt by 86% over the last four years. Completed projects are modernizing TV ministry, adding a restroom in the lobby of the Sanctuary, constructing an elevator on the north end of the church campus and purchasing a shuttle to transport attenders from parking lots to the church. More than $850,000 has been given to the project to date.
The second chapter will focus on improving access to the church’s Family Ministry Building, and on remodeling the interior of that building to accommodate a new entrance. The initial phase of the next chapter will fund construction of a canopy and entrance on the west side of the Family Ministry Building (facing Greensboro Avenue).
These Projects are Complete!
- Parking Shuttle
- Elevator at 7th Street Entrance
- Sanctuary Foyer Bathroom
- TV and Media Ministry Equipment
Giving now directed toward the Next Chapter
- New West Entrance to Family Ministry Building
- Family Ministry Building Interior Redesign
Click Here to return to the Giving Page
Total Gifts to The 721 Project: $883,222.94 (as of 03/03/19)
Amount On-Hand for next Chapter: TBA
Facility improvements and upgrades include:
- Elevator – north side, Main Building (complete!)
- Additional entrance – west side, Family Ministry Building
- Family Ministry Building Renovation
- Restroom located off the Sanctuary Foyer (complete!)
- Remodel restrooms below the Sanctuary
- TV Ministry equipment upgrades (complete!)
- Digital Microphone purchase (complete!)
- Shuttle for Parking Ministry (complete!)
- Outdoor Playground – west side, Family Ministry Building
The 721 Project is a plan for funding construction projects that will update the study, training and worship facilities for all attendees of First Baptist Church, Tuscaloosa. The 721 Project is different from other capital campaigns in that the funds for each project will be received prior to the start of the project. Therefore First Baptist Church will not incur any additional debt. The ultimate reason for The 721 Project is so that First Baptist will be considered the physical cornerstone by the entire church congregation from which they may go out as disciples of Christ to the city and the nations.